Copyright protected 2009 -2016. Please email should you wish to use any content of this blog at shelterblanche@gmail.com


Tuesday, September 20, 2016

My pizza patio ~


So when I first saw the patio on returning after many years, it looked tired and sad.. not how I had remembered it as the Sunday gathering braaing with our folks and  all the young children.
It was in serious need of a  facelift ...We had six weeks to redesign before the children were arriving...













I cannot live without a beautiful garden, no matter the circumstances..it keeps me sane..
I started working on it before I moved in...









Workmen and rubble have taken over my life..





Figuring out how to get the oven on top of the slab..it took many very strong men....









My most faithful handyman pictured below.. he started working with us 30 years ago..





Pallet cladding has taken the industry by storm..



And of course I have planted up herbs in all sorts of containers..



 Do you see them growing on this wall too...



Here is the completed look together with some of the delicious food that has been turned out of this gorgeous little oven...




 And my pocket garden is beginning to show off....



The weather played havoc too setting us back a week and a bit...
I enlisted the services of Love story..an NGO project that takes homeless people and trains them in woodwork projects using old pallet material..
I am so please with the outcome.. completed just in time on the Thursday evening before our children arrived home...


Until next time...

Shel 











4 comments:

  1. You lucky duck:) WE love pizzas..what an incredible job you did..I recognized Eddie..and then you wrote about your best craftsman..BELOW..I thought surely she made an error..lol then I read the rest:)

    What an adventure you are on..I can't wait for the next part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm loving all the creativity. Just still adjusting to the pocket size but so lovely to lock up and go. I hope you are both well! Going to try those yummy muffins of yours soon!
    Much love from across the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, when you undergo a facelift, you go all the way. I can't wait to see the final results. I was once an empty nester and like you, it was difficult. Now, I like my time. It will come. Thank you for coming by to visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love getting inspiration from blogs like yours and M. You are so creative.
      Have a beautiful week

      Delete